Brian Bergin, head of Rose Law Group’s litigation department, is regarded as one of Arizona’s most effective civil litigators. In his nearly 20 years of practice, he has represented individuals, insurers, banks, small and large businesses, governments and public servants in every phase of conflict resolution: from pre-litigation negotiations, to bench and jury trials (on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants) in State and Federal court and through the appeal process.
Mr. Bergin also advocates client cases before various governmental agencies in administrative hearings and frequently guides clients through arbitration, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings. His practice emphasizes complex litigation including commercial litigation, insurance defense, constitutional issues, construction law, consumer fraud, unfair competition, education law, corporate governance, employment law and professional liability.
Mr. Bergin is licensed to practice law in Arizona and Nevada, the Gila River Indian Community, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Bergin has appeared on Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends” national television show, the Fox Business Channel’s “Scoreboard” national television show, several local television news shows and is a frequent guest on KFYI’s morning show with Jim Sharpe.
He has received the Martindale-Hubbell Service’s rating of “AV Preeminent.” This rating is the highest possible rating for both legal ability and ethical standards—a testament to the fact that members of the judiciary and his lawyer peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.* He also has been recognized by Arizona Business Magazine for several years in its “Top Lawyers” issue.
He is a Member of the Board of Directors of the Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, a member of the Defense Research Institute, former member of the Board of Directors of the Maricopa County Bar Association and 1st Way of Maricopa County, Inc. He holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance and Real Estate from the University of Arizona and received his law degree from Arizona State University College of Law, where he was Articles Editor of the Arizona State University Law Journal and a Pedrick Scholar.
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
- Obtained unanimous jury verdict in a case involving a dispute as to the ownership of the Manzanita Speedway in Phoenix.
- Received a directed defense verdict in a fraud and conversion jury trial in Phoenix.
- Received a unanimous plaintiff’s jury verdict in a breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty trial in Phoenix.
- Received a $300,000 arbitration ruling in a plaintiff’s commercial insurance bad faith case.
- Successfully defended a corporate client against “whistleblower” allegations in a Tucson jury trial.
- Prevailed in defending a real estate developer against multi-million dollar claims for condominium construction defects.
- Successfully defended a business against claims of trade name infringement at the trial court and Arizona Court of Appeals.
- Defended Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever in litigation involving SB1070. Has presented Sheriff Dever’s position to the Arizona District Court, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
- Represented the Arizona Legislative leadership in a matter involving Constitutional and Indian Law matters at both the trial court and 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Successfully defended the Arizona Senate President against Federal civil rights claims.
- Prevailed in defending a CFO against his former employer’s $40 million claim for breach of fiduciary duty in Federal Court.
- Electronic discovery
- Lenders’ post-foreclosure strategies
- Recent constitutional developments
- Construction delivery methods.