Justin is a business attorney who focuses on advising clients in the cannabis industry. He frequently represents dispensaries, cultivation and infusion operators, and other cannabis-related businesses.
Clients rely on Justin to help minimize risk and maximize profit through comprehensive legal advice regarding all aspects of their businesses. This includes advising clients on various day-to-day issues regarding their business operations, handling a variety of business and corporate transactions, and representing clients throughout all stages of litigation. Justin leverages his background in business economics and accounting to aid his clients.
Justin is licensed to practice in California, Arizona, and New Mexico. He has been selected by Super Lawyers as a “Southwest Rising Star” in 2018 and 2019, an honor reserved for those lawyers who exhibit excellence in practice.
Outside of work, Justin enjoys playing golf, riding his dirt bike, and learning new things. Justin was raised in Southern California and moved to Arizona in 2014. He and his family enjoy traveling and spending time together outdoors.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., (Major: Business Economics and Accounting)
Court and Bar Admissions
- Arizona State Bar
- California State Bar
- New Mexico State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- National Cannabis Bar Association
- Men’s Art Council, Phoenix Art Museum (2015–Present)
- Thomas More Society of Phoenix, AZ (2016-Present)
- Editorial Board, Maricopa Lawyer, MCBA Publication (2015-2019)
Special Distinctions and Achievements
- Super Lawyers® Southwest Rising Stars (2018-2019)
- Arizona College of Trial Advocacy (2017)
- Hugh Friedman Scholarship for Excellence in Business Law (2013)
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Phoenix Business Journal, My View: Medical Marijuana Ruling Creates Industry Issues(August 2018)
- Arizona Business Magazine, Monthly column discussing issues within the cannabis industry(July 2018 – Present)
- Arizona Foothills Magazine, Trendsetters featured interview, by Karah Van Kammen(July 2018)
- CLE: Legal Challenges of Operating an Arizona Medical Marijuana Business, East Valley Bar Association (April 2018)
- Fox 10 News Phoenix: Interview regarding DOJ’s decision to rescind federal enforcement guidelines regarding state-legalized marijuana programs(January 2018)
- Accommodating Employees with Disabilities, Arizona School Boards Association’s Annual Law Conference (September 2017)
By Phoenix Business Journal Valley Leadership is celebrating its 41st year in 2019 with a new class of leaders for +
Justin Brandt, Rose Law Group litigator, cited in azcentral report on state’s budding hemp and CDB industry
By Riley Murdock |Arizona Republic Phoenix resident Genevieve Hendricks is experimenting with CBD products to manage her chronic back pain. +
South Scottsdale may get its first cannabis dispensary; Justin Brandt, Rose Law Group litigator, highlights city’s setback requirements
By Wayne Schutsky | Scottsdale Progress An Arizona-based cannabis company has plans to open up Scottsdale’s first medical marijuana dispensary +