The cannabis industry is incredibly dynamic, growing rapidly in both market size and sophistication. The legal and regulatory landscape is complex and fragmented, presenting existing businesses, entrepreneurs, investors, and others with numerous unique challenges that should only be navigated with the assistance of experienced counsel.
The cannabis industry team at Rose Law Group pc has been providing comprehensive legal advice, direction and assistance to individuals and companies in the cannabis industry in regards to Title 9, Chapter 17, of the Arizona Department of Health Services Medical Marijuana Program (the “AZDHS MMJ Program”) and A.R.S. § 36-2801 et seq., as amended from time to time (the “Act”), prior to its introduction to Arizona in 2010. We have industry-specific knowledge and experience in every aspect of the legal, administrative, regulatory and business issues facing those in the medical and adult use cannabis industries.
We can assist with corporate formation and strategic counselling; private equity financing; investment opportunity due diligence and negotiation; license acquisition; real estate acquisitions and leases, including assistance with site selection, zoning, and permitting concerns; intellectual property procurement and counselling; regulatory compliance matters; business, management and operation consulting and best practices; policies and procedures; product regulations; employment matter counselling; and government relations and input regarding the AZDHS MMJ Program and all applicable rules, requirements and regulations among other services.
Our team has supported industry clients including licensees, cultivation and dispensary operators, investors, real estate enterprises, management consultants, manufacturers and ancillary technology companies at every stage of their business lifecycle. We have worked with a significant percentage of Arizona’s existing license holders, in addition to providing industry and business consulting services to individuals and companies located throughout the United States.
Rose Law Group pc’s cannabis industry team is currently providing advice and assistance to some of the most sophisticated operators, as well as guidance and direction to those with less experience, in an effort to provide each client with individualized counsel and advice necessary to ensure the long term success and viability of their respective businesses.
Our extensive range of business and legal services have been established by years of experience, knowledge and practice in the medical marijuana and adult use cannabis industries. We pride ourselves in offering the highest level of client services in conjunction with advanced, innovative and effective solutions for clients seeking to capitalize on business and investment opportunities in this increasingly competitive and fast moving industry.
Our sophisticated team provides a comprehensive list of industry-specific assistance, which is not limited to, but includes the following service areas:
- Strategic business planning, including entity selection, formation, governance and best practices
- Corporate governance and management, including bylaws, operating, partnership and shareholder agreements
- Private debt and equity financing, including friends/family, angel, venture capital and private equity
- Commercial loans
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Best practices
- Employment handbooks
- Policies and procedures
- Shareholder/owner buyouts and dispute resolution
- Licensing and regulatory compliance
- Licensing submittals
- Real estate transactions, including purchase and sale agreements, commercial and retail lease agreements
- Municipal law and zoning compliance
- Government relations and lobbying
- Intellectual property procurement and strategic counselling, including trademark selection, clearance, and procurement
- Labor and employment matters, including employment, independent contractor and consulting agreements
- Confidentiality, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
Supplier and manufacturing agreements
- Customer agreements
- Counselling, advice and direction related to medical practitioners and medical directors
Rose Law Group pc’s cannabis industry team has been involved in the Arizona industry since before its inception. Our Firm provided providing significant input on the Act and subsequent AZDHS MMJ Program, to ensure that Arizona’s medical marijuana program was developed into a positive effective program able to provide vital medicine to and meet the needs of Arizona’s qualifying patients.
We were also involved in the Federal lawsuit making sure Governor Brewer’s attempt to overturn the law was dismissed. Rose Law Group pc is a founding member of the National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA) and our attorneys are active members and leaders of many professional cannabis industry organizations including Women Grow, the Marijuana Policy Project, the Arizona Cannabis Bar Association and the National Cannabis Bar Association.
Our cannabis industry team sponsors, attends and presents at numerous professional industry events throughout the nation each year and has represented the Arizona industry in numerous local, state and national media appearances. Rose Law Group pc is committed to remaining at the forefront of the cannabis industry as it continues to evolve and progress, anticipating changes before they occur so that we can provide our clients with comprehensive, sophisticated, practical advice, direction and legal solutions.
On Our Team
In the news:
Laura Bianchi, Rose Law Group Partner, to speak at Southwest Cannabis Conference & Expo Friday, Oct. 13th; Rose Law Group Attorney, Adam Trenk to moderate
On Friday October 13th from 2:00 pm – 2:45 pm Laura Bianchi will be talking about Legal and Financial Aspects of Your Cannabis Business: Best Practices. The panel will be moderated by Rose Law Group Attorney, Adam Trenk. +
Bianchi has been on the forefront of the legal cannabis movement since 2010 (SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.) – Scottsdale based Rose Law Group pc is proud to announce Partner Laura Bianchi has been named Director of its Cannabis +
"Rose Law Group was a pleasure working with on getting our Use Permit approved, we would highly recommend this firm for any technical issues. Many thanks to Court, Nick and Mike." - Larry & Janet Hischer, Twisted Tree Farm, Inc.
"Rose Law is the greatest. They are thoughtful, savvy and always take good care of my clients. It is a pleasure to recommend them. I know you will be pleased." - Steve Kellogg Coe & Van Loo Consultants, Inc
"Rose Law is the greatest. They are thoughtful, savvy and always take good care of my clients. It is a pleasure to recommend them. I know you will be pleased." - Bohdan Hirniak
- "Jordan Rose is not just a fantastic attorney, she is one of my most favorite people. She is devoted to her work and community; but more importantly, she is first and foremost devoted to her family and friends." - Stacy Brimhall, Langley Properties
- "Last week Adam Trenk represented us in court for a harassment injunction. He not only won the case, but out-shined his opposing counsel. He was quick to pick up on inconsistencies in people's testimonies and attack the point while at the same time being polite and respectful to everyone in the courtroom. He is always thoroughly prepared and well informed of the matters we are dealing with. Most importantly, he is very patient in explaining the pros and cons and what he feels is the best legal approach to a situation - even when I'm being stubborn and want my own way." - Nancy Trenkle
- "Seldom in business relationships have I had the pleasure to deal with a firm that possesses such high levels of skill, key relationships, and most of all integrity. The Rose Law Group is a breath of fresh air in a world that is more complex each and every day." - Harold Christ, Pyramid Community Developers
- "My experience with Rose Law Group has been exceptional... having worked with small and large law firms over many years, I have found RLG to be the best in overall performance, client service and what I find the most appealing and unique, the attorneys I have been associated with are open to truly working with their client as a partner in achieving the desired legal outcome/results." - Dr. Susan Roe, The Roe Group Enterprises
- "With all the time we have all spent together on this project I have to tip my hat to not only the amount of professionalism but the constant communication and receptive attitude your firm has carried from the beginning. I will always entertain your services in all future Interra projects." - Eric Godard, Vice President Design and Construction, Interra Development Partners
- "RLG is a firm that invests itself with their client's business. They are just not providing legal advice and services, they have built relationships in our business and invested in providing services that helps us deliver our core mission to provide the services that meets our client's needs in line with our company culture and values." - John Carlson, DBIA, Vice President Heavy Civil Division, Sundt Construction
- "If legal Armageddon comes my way, I want Rose Law Group on my team." - Steve Havertine
- "The congrats belong to you folks. You did a great job and got creative at the end. You guys are the BEST!" - Tom Tierney
- "Jordan and the best damm group in town -I just got off the phone with Harold where he informed me of your outstanding success yesterday. As he was telling me this (sounds a little sappy) but I got goose bumps on my arm. I reflected on the many years and failed attempts and how incredible your achievement truly is. I can't begin to express my appreciation for all your hard work. You all should be congratulated." - Bill Hawkins
- "I wish I had a business partner like you in every state." - Seth R. Weissman SolarCity
- "I wanted you to know what a phenomenal experience I have had with your organization. You have the most down to earth, yet highly intelligent, people working there. Thank you for being such a great example of excellence, coupled with a heart of gold. Cheers!" - David F. Kotter, Integrity Capital, LLC
- "I started to write this to thank you for your referrals at Rose Law. Both attorneys are more than we could have hoped for. Stacey called earlier and is so much more comfortable than she was before. Your associates are smart, patient, and really good about explaining the whys." - Gina
- "Thank you Kaine for helping me out with this difficult life changing event, you were respectful and understanding throughout the whole ordeal." - Nick
- "Thx Jordan! You and your Team did a great job for us and your efforts/results are appreciated!" - Don Murphy, President Shea Homes, Arizona